Naomi Fowler ■ VIDEO: The “Race to the Bottom” and how it makes us all poorer
As we enter the final week of Britain’s 2019 general election, tax justice has become a top election battleground subject. Tax justice is, as we’ve always said, a vote winner, and it’s continuing to climb up the political agenda. We’ve made a video with Reel News looking at the economically and socially damaging race to the bottom between nations on tax and regulations, something which will be highly significant in a post-Brexit scenario, if it happens. We’re sharing that video with you here with some ideas on how governments everywhere should be governing in the public interest.
- To learn more about these issues and how we can solve them, listen to the Taxcast, the Tax Justice Network’s monthly podcast. The Taxcast is available on most podcast platforms.
- You can subscribe to our email updates here
- Connect with us on social media, and help spread the word:
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/TaxJusticeNetwork/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/taxjusticenet
Five key trends in 2023: Financial transparency, tax justice and inequality
Copa do Mundo das injustiças #43: the Tax Justice Network Portuguese podcast
Uncommon Wealth and the ‘boomerang effect’: the Tax Justice Network podcast, the Taxcast:
Taxing unearned profits
Ireland’s responsibility for the impacts of cross-border tax abuse on the realisation of children’s rights (2nd UN submission)
22 August 2022