Nick Shaxson ■ Five myths about tax havens
TJN’s Nicholas Shaxson has an article in the Washington Post entitled Five Myths about Tax havens. The myths go like this:
- Tax havens protect vulnerable people against despotic governments, unjust laws and political turmoil.
- Tax havens are good for high-tax nations.
- Besides Switzerland, most tax havens are small tropical islands.
- Being a tax haven makes a country rich.
- Cutting corporate taxes helps nations compete with tax havens.
Educação + impostos = vidas transformadas: the Tax Justice Network Portuguese podcast
Ordinary people shortchanged by Covid recovery measures in Global South
To protect children’s right to education, governments must fight tax abuse
Tax and racial justice: the Tax Justice Network podcast, the Taxcast
Glencore and Sinosteel cases in Cameroon: Practical cases of the need for more transparency on extractive contracts in Africa
Affaires Glencore et Sinosteel au Cameroun: Cas pratiques du besoin de plus de transparence sur les contrats extractifs en Afrique
Switzerland – Submission to the UN Committee for the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women
20 September 2022